Get The Peace Of Mind You Deserve Today
We Offer Comprehensive Services For All Your Needs
It’s hard for many people to think about estate planning. That’s why so many people put it off. Doing that, however, can make it harder on your loved ones.
We here at Elder Law of Georgia, P.C., are your partners in aging by pairing our elder law services with comprehensive estate planning and probate representation. We can craft a comprehensive plan that is enforceable and limits the potential for costly, emotional disputes among beneficiaries.
Addressing Every Detail Of Your Estate Plan
Attorney Eric Owens will work one-on-one with you to think through every important decision and detail in your estate plan. He can help you determine which instruments will be best for your unique needs. The three basic estate planning documents are:
- A will: This is a document that spells out funeral wishes and whom you want to receive certain assets, such as a home, car or family heirlooms.
- Power of attorney: You can use this instrument to designate someone to make financial decisions on your behalf if you are no longer able to do so yourself.
- A health care directive: This is a document that communicates your wishes about end of life care if you are unable to communicate this on your own.
But further planning may be needed if your estate plan needs to include:
- A trust: This can allow you to control who receives assets and under what conditions. Additionally, you could set up a trust that gives you access to your wealth while you are still alive.
- A special needs trust: This can ensure that you will be able to use your assets to provide for a disabled spouse, child or another loved one after your death.
You will always be able to update your estate plan when circumstances change. If you wish to name a new trustee, give someone power of attorney privileges or change the terms of your will, we will always be here to help you update your documents and make sure they are enforceable.
It Is Never Too Early To Start Estate Planning
Begin Planning Today
"*" indicates required fields